Interventionist (Part Time)
The interventionist provides individual or small group instruction to students who are struggling academically. Interventionists work with the teacher to design methods of learning that are most appropriate for each child. The position is also responsible for monitoring, reporting and communicating progress and performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides high quality instruction to individual students and small groups
- Uses data to provide instruction to students and bring their skills to grade – level
- Collaborates with teachers, administration, and families to help identify best practices for individual and small group students
- Uses identified research – based documentation of continuous monitoring of student performance and progress
- Provides data to school teams and participates in decisions about student progress
- Participates in meetings with teachers, administration, and families to discuss the student placement and progress
- Provides diagnostic assessments for students as needed
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with school administration, staff, students, and families
- Ability to apply instructional strategies on differentiation
St. James Lutheran is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
- Must be highly qualified with 48 college credits or having passed the ParaPro Exam